There are natural hormonal fluctuations that come with being a cyclical person and a menstrual flow to go along with it. It only makes sense that we experience, different, issues than what male bodies do. And while a lot of us think that the pain and discomfort that go along with menstruation is normal. It is not. Common yes. Normal no.
The prevalence of period problems is problematic. More than 60% of girls and women and menstruators of reproductive age experience some semblance of menstrual problems like PMS, painful periods, irregular menstrual cycles, or painful intercourse. And the fact that Western culture thinks that this is what periods are is quite discouraging and completely frustrating. Menstrual health is more than just reproduction—it’s important for both personal comfort and general wellbeing.
- Overview of the Menstrual Cycle
- Foods for each menstrual phase
- How to support the Liver
- Energy building foods
- Foods that metabolise excess hormones
- Gluten sensitivities & alternatives
- How to eat to ground your energy
- How to reduce bloating
- Foods that reduce menstrual cramps
- Herbs to help reduce PMS and cramping
- Sugar alternatives
- Food cravings and blood sugar management
- Menstrual Cycle Recipes